1. Always look for a wooden worktop that fits you. Look for a worktop that will fit your kitchen and your own taste. Many people consider oak as a classic material when it comes to wooden worktops. Oak is used in a farm house style kitchen because of its notable pattern and it provides a warm feel to the place. If you want something bold and beautiful at the same time, then you should consider choosing the American black walnut. The American black walnut and its rich chocolate tones will give light things the perfect contrast. If you have a kitchen where you are having problem with light, then you should consider maple. Maple has a lovely grain structure at the same time being creamy and pale. Every bit of light will be reflected from the surface of the maple since it has a very smooth finish.
2. Quality should always be invested. You should know that there are many worktops out there that would fit the budget of any person looking for one but you should not forget the saying that goes, “The quality remains long after the price is forgotten.”. Those worktops that are very cheap may have a low quality. A properly maintained wooden worktops that is of high quality will definitely last for a very long time and will actually add more value to your property if you will decide to sell it in the future.
3. Preparation is crucial. Before you can use a wooden worktop, I needs to be sealed. Finishing oil or Danish oil are the worktop oil that is the highly suggested treatment. The wooden worktops will have a barrier that is water resistant because of the treatment process done. You should consider this process as one that would be very important on your wooden worktops and you should always have the time to properly do this. If you do a poor treatment procedure on the worktops, it will have a shorter life span.
4. Always choose a wooden worktop with the perfect fitting. It is important before you consider fitting the wooden worktops that you make sure the plastering that was done is completely dry and the sides of the wooden worktops have the right amount of oi. You should always make sure that you have at least one fixing point in every corner every time you are fixing the wooden worktop to the units in your kitchen. You should consider using expansion brackets that are slotted in order for your wooden worktops to have small contractions and expansions.
5. Always have a regular maintenance. You should consider re-oiling the wooden worktops once every six months.